Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pet allergies

I am continuing my research on pet allergies. Both my Mom's cat and my sister-in-law's dog have very severe allergies that are not alleviated by traditional treatment methods, so I am looking for safe and cheap alternatives.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/allergies.html

The main list of cures provided there:

ACV, diluted 50/50 with water, sprayed on or bathed in
ACV baths/sprays + plain organic yogurt in food
ACV treatments + flax or fish oil
Adding raw eggs in food and rubbing coconut oil into the affected areas of the skin

Interestingly enough, tea tree oil was not only NOT recommended, but some indication was that it might be poisonous to the dogs. Need to double-check that.

This site and several others confirm that tea tree oil can be toxic, esp. for small animals:
http://www.teatreewonders.com/pets.html#

I also looked up coconut oil for allergies, and apparently alot of articles confirm the beneficial effects....






No comments:

Post a Comment