Saturday, January 7, 2012

oils and hair growth

I am confused by the recipe in the previous post about the use of castor oil with the stinging nettle seeds for topical reduction of hair growth. I know from other research that castor oil is used to improve hair growth - not to inhibit it.

Additional research I made today confirms that (most links online show the castor oil as a remedy for a fuller hair). So, that part of the recipe is certainly under question. However, once of the posts I was reading on castor oil mentioned that olive oil can be used as a hair growth inhibitor.

But additional research shows that olive oil is ALSO used as one of the cures for bolding hair.

I have a suspicion that any oil will probably have that effect, actually....

Need to research soy been oil, as it has been mentioned as one of the inhibitors in the past.
http://www.futurederm.com/2007/12/15...n-soy-extract/

at the same time, other sources claim is helps the hair follicules, not inhibits them...
http://www.scq.ubc.ca/soybean-and-baldness-preventation-apparently-there-is-a-link/

I tend to believe that the soybean oil indeed inhibit the growth, since soybeans act as estrogent enhencers (or something like that), so if I need to use an oil medium, I would probably use it.



No comments:

Post a Comment