Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Walnut shell paste for a body scrub

I made took my soaked walnut shells and put them through a blender today. The poor little blender had to work pretty hard, but it managed. Now I have a nice thick paste that I am hoping to utilize as a body scrub for my arms. First, I now have alot of ingrown hairs there now. Second, it will hopefully further go into the skin.

The "juice" of the steeped shells has been strained and poured into a bottle. I am thinking about adding it to something that has alcohol in it, like the witchazel rub, and using those as my astringent solution after daily tweezing on my face. I tried it today, it it is nice, smells great, and my skin feels really refreshed.


=======
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/homemade-sugar-scrub.html
    Ingredients
  • 50 percent white cane sugar (note that organic sucanat, while the best choice for food, doesn’t work as well for this recipe)
  • 50 percent vegetable glycerin to moisten the sugar (I used avocado oil since I was out of vegetable glycerin and it proved to be a successful substitute)
  • Small amounts of aloe vera gel, vitamin C crystals, or anything healing that dissolves in water
  • 1 or 2 drops of essential oil if desired (Larry recommends combining orange and lavender)
  • Enough ground hibiscus powder for pink color (if desired)
Combine the ingredients in a bowl. Scoop some of the scrub onto your hand and massage gently onto your skin for a minute (the scrub will actually tighten onto your skin like a masque). Leave on for 3 to 4 minutes before rinsing.
=============





No comments:

Post a Comment